School climate and culture are priorities at Greater Brunswick Charter School; we take each bullying concern seriously.
"Harassment, Intimidation, or Bullying” means any gesture, any written, verbal or physical act or any electronic communication, whether it is a single incident or a series of incidents, that is
- Reasonably perceived as being motivated by either any actual or perceived characteristic, such as race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, or a mental, physical or sensory disability; or by any other distinguishing characteristic; and that
- Takes place on school property, at any school-sponsored function, on a school bus, or off school grounds, as provided for in N.J.S.A. 18A:37-15.3, that substantially disrupts or interferes with the orderly operation of the school or the rights of other pupils; and that
- A reasonable person should know under the circumstances will have the effect of physically or emotionally harming a pupil or damaging the pupil’s property, or placing a pupil in reasonable fear of physical or emotional harm to his/her person or damage to his/her property, or
- Has the effect of insulting or demeaning any pupil or group of pupils, or
- Creates a hostile educational environment for the pupil by interfering with a pupil’s education or by severely or pervasively causing physical or emotional harm to the pupil.
Contact information for our Anti-Bullying Coordinator and Specialist:
Anti-Bullying Coordinator: Rosalind Friday
Phone Number: (732)448-1052 ext.136
Anti-Bullying Specialist: Martha Goz
Phone Number: (732)448-1052 ext.128