Welcome to Greater Brunswick Charter School (GBCS).
We are a K-8 public charter school of choice serving grades Kindergarten - 8th Grade.
GBCS is open to all students from New Brunswick, Highland Park, Edison, and surrounding school districts on an available space basis.
Enrollment is determined by a random lottery system where siblings of current GBCS students are given preference. No admission test is needed.
Cut off dates for incoming Kindergarten students are determined by the sending school district.
Please check your residential school district Board of Education for cut off dates. For example:
- New Brunswick cut off date: October 15
- Highland Park cut off date: October 1
- Edison cut off date: October 1
To fill out an application to participate in our lottery, please visit our school’s lottery system Lotterease.
You will need an email address to apply:
The link to go directly to registration is:
The link to go directly to the login page is:
- Applications for the 2021-2022 school year are received from October 27, 2020, through February 19, 2021.
- No applications for the lottery will be processed after February 19, 2021.
- Applications are good only for the school year you apply to and are not carried over.
- Only one application per student. Duplicate applications will be withdrawn.
- Any false information in the application may result in a withdrawal from the lottery of the student from the school.
A lottery will be held on February 25, 2021, at 6:00 PM
All applications received from October 7, 2020, through February 11, 2021, will be included in the Lottery.
Lottery winners will be notified via email on the day of the lottery and will have 24 hours to respond to the offer.
Students who are not selected in the lottery will be placed on the WaitList. Please note, if your child is not called within the 2021-2022 school year you must fill out a new application for the following school year.
The standard link for parents to view the anonymous applicant/lottery results list is:
In-Person Open House Dates for 2020
Thursday, November 19, 2020 at 10:00 am and 5:30 pm
Thursday, December 17, 2020 at 10:00 am and 5:30 pm
Virtual Open House Dates TBA soon
- Tuesday, October 27, 2020- Friday, February 19, 2021
- Applications for the lottery are being accepted
- Thursday, February 25, 2021: 6:00 PM
- Tuesday, March 16 & Thursday, March 18, 2021: 8:30 AM - 5:30 PM
- Lottery winners must pick up a new student packet
- Thursday, April 22, 2021: 9:00 AM to 2:00 PM
- New Kindergarten Student Orientation
- Tuesday, May 18, & Thursday, May 20, 2021: 8:30 AM - 2:00 PM
- Interviews for new Kindergarten students
- Thursday, May 25, 2021: 5:30 PM
- Pre-K Today - Kindergarten Tomorrow workshop
- July 5 - 30, 2021 Tentative dates
- Summer Academy for incoming Kindergarten students
- July 12 - 15, 2021 8:00 AM - 3:30 PM
- Return completed student packet and Transfer Card to the Main Office