Welcome to Greater Brunswick Charter School (GBCS).
We are a K-8 public charter school of choice serving grades Kindergarten - 8th Grade.
Admission Lottery Date
Thursday, February 24, 2022, at 5:30 PM
In-Person Open House Dates
Tuesday, October 12, 2021, at 9:00 am
Thursday, October 21, 2021, at 5:30 pm
Tuesday, November 9, 2021, at 9:00 am
Thursday, November 18, 2021, at 5:30 pm
Tuesday, December 7, 2021, at 9:00 am
Thursday, December 16, 2021, at 5:30 pm
Tuesday, January 11, 2022, at 9:00 am
Thursday, January 10, 2022, at 5:30 pm
Tuesday, February 8, 2022, at 9:00 am
Thursday, February 17, 2022, at 5:30 pm
Bilingual Information Session
Virtual Open House Dates
November 18, 2021, at 12:00 pm
December 16, 2021, at 12:00 pm
January 20, 2022, at 12:00 pm
February 17, 2022, at 12:00 pm
Please RSVP to attend any of our Virtual Information Sessions at:
GBCS is open to all students from New Brunswick, Highland Park, Edison, and surrounding school districts on an available space basis.
Enrollment is determined by a random lottery system where siblings of current GBCS students are given preference. No admission test is needed.
Cut-off dates for incoming Kindergarten students are determined by the sending school district.
Please check your residential school district Board of Education for cut-off dates. For example:
- New Brunswick cut off date: October 15
- Highland Park cut off date: October 1
- Edison cut off date: October 1
Application for the 2022-2023 School Year
To fill out an application to participate in our lottery, please visit our school’s lottery system Lotterease. You will need an email address to apply.
The link to go directly to registration is:
The link to go directly to the login page is:
- Applications for the 2022-2023 school year are received from October 1, 2021, through February 17, 2022.
- No applications for the lottery will be processed after February 17, 2022.
- Applications are good only for the school year you apply to and are not carried over.
- Only one application per student. Duplicate applications will be withdrawn.
- Any false information in the application may result in a withdrawal from the lottery of the student from the school.
- GBCS is accepting applications for next year's Waiting List, for the 2022-2023 School Year. Make sure to apply to the 2022-2023 school year.
- Applications do not carry over to the next school year. You must reapply.
- At this time, your child can be enrolled for the 2021-2022 Wait List and the enrollment lottery for the 2022-2023 school year.
- The link for the Waiting List is: https://app.lotterease.com/cgi-bin/sl_V2_1.pl?account_id=460&nav=Parents_Registration
A lottery will be held on February 24, 2022, at 5:30 PM
All applications received from October 1, 2021, through February 17, 2022, will be included in the Lottery.
Lottery winners will be notified via email on the day of the lottery and will have 24 hours to respond to the offer.
Students who are not selected in the lottery will be placed on the 2022-2023 Wait List.
*Please note, if your child is not called within the 2022-2023 school year you must fill out a new application for the following school year.
The standard link for parents to view the anonymous applicant/lottery results list is:
- Friday, October 1, 2021 - Thursday, February 17, 2022
- Applications for the lottery are being accepted
- Thursday, February 24, 2022 5:30 PM
***The following dates are tentative. Notifications will be sent prior to the dates.***
- Thursday, April 2022: 9:00 AM to 2:00 PM
- New Kindergarten Student Orientation
- Tuesday, May & Thursday, May 2022: 8:30 AM - 2:00 PM
- Interviews for new Kindergarten students
- Thursday, May 2022: 5:30 PM
- Pre-K Today - Kindergarten Tomorrow workshop
- July, 2022 Tentative dates
- Summer Academy for incoming Kindergarten students
- July 2022 8:00 AM - 3:30 PM
- Return completed student packet and Transfer Card to the Main Office
For assistance, lottery, and waiting list information please contact Lilia at:
732.448.1052 ext. 104
We are now accepting applications for our Waiting List!
Please Note: Your child's number on the Waiting List is only good for the school year for which you applied. If your child is not called within that school year, it is your responsibility to resubmit a new application for the following school year.